Reasons for Juicing Fruits, Vegetables and Wheat Grass
By: Jessica Woodruff
Youíve no doubt heard all the buzz about juicing your own fresh juice. Read on to find out why you really should!
Author Resource:-> Making healthy choices is vital in todayís world. Find out more about juicing and fruit and vegetable juicers to complement your healthy lifestyle by visitingJuicers 4 Health.
- Improve your complexion. Your skin is the largest organ of your body. The way it looks is often a reflection of what is going on inside. Feed your skin the healthy nutrients it craves. Carrot juice acts as a blood cleanser and promotes the repair of skin tissue. Cucumber juice helps get rid of toxins and salt. As you keep your skin hydrated with lots of water and fresh juice, you will be amazed at the noticeable improvement in your skin tone in just a short while.
- Easily consume your daily requirement of fruits and vegetables. In some health circles it is recommended that we should be consuming one pound of vegetables for every 50 pounds of body weight. Yikes! Thatís a lot of salad. Juicing allows you to get more goodness from your vegetables than just eating them raw and itís a more manageable way to achieve a daily dietary requirement such as this one.
- It tastes good. Just about everyone loves a fruit smoothie. Just thinking about a tall glass of cool strawberry, pineapple, and kiwi juice gets me drooling. However, people tend to be wary of vegetable juices. Take courage! Start with vegetables that you like to eat. There is a plethora of juicing recipes on the web that you can try out. Adding an apple to your vegetable juice recipe is a popular way to making it more palatable.
- You know whatís in your juice. Making your own juice gives you ultimate control. You donít have to have added sweeteners if you donít want them. You can use local, organic produce.
- Kids like juice. Do you have trouble getting little Sally to eat her veggies? Do you arrange those fresh vegetable sticks and pieces into cute little happy faces to no avail? Me too! Juice can be a much more enticing way for children to consume a variety of fruits and vegetables. Having them help in the preparation can be a blast as well.
- You can use the pulp from your juice. Donít throw away the pulp after youíve juiced your fruits and veggies! If you donít want to use it for anything else, at the very least use it as compost for your garden to enrich the soil. Juicer pulp can be added to cakes and muffins (carrot and apple pulps are really yummy). Or, take vegetable pulp and mix it in with your hamburger or meatloaf for extra flavor and fiber. Soft fruit pulp mixed with a little water can be made into ice popsicles Ė so healthy!
- Itís energizing. Juicing fruits and vegetables releases all the enzymes from the fibers of your produce. Enzymes provide the energy for every cellular function of our bodies. A glass of fresh juice in the morning will help you feel more energetic for longer than if you drank a cup of coffee. Itís so much better for you too!
- Juicing complements your weight loss plan. Vegetable juice helps decrease cravings. Drink a glass of veggie juice before a meal to help curb your appetite. Consult your doctor if you are interested in the benefits of a juice fast.
- Disease prevention. Fruits and vegetables contain key antioxidants and phyto chemicals that help keep away substances that cause disease from cancer to diverticulitis. Juicing will help boost your immune system to ward off a variety of illnesses.
- And if you need one more reasonÖCelebrities are really into it. The Back Street Boys and Angelina Jolie drink wheat grass juice. Audrina Partridge from The Hills, also juices. But donít do it just because they do. Youíve got nine other solid reasons for making fresh fruit and vegetable juices part of your everyday life!
Article Provided By: Published-Articles.com Article Directory
Read Grand Lifestyle Journal |
About Grand Lifestyle |
Adrienne Arsht Center
for the Performing Arts
of Miami-Dade County
comments and contributions.
Do you have news to report, experience to share, reminiscence to keep alive, or
wisdom to spare? Share them with our readers, and your friends and colleagues.
to submit your
Not yet a subscriber to
Grand Lifestyle published every month?
to enter your FREE subscription.
The Grand Lifestyle news journal is an
email service designed with you in mind. I think you will enjoy reading it.
However, if you wish to unsubscribe, please
You have my 100% guaranty
for protecting your privacy:
Your email address will not be sold, leased or given to anyone.
© 2003-2010 Grand Lifestyle Publisher
Grand Lifestyleô is a trademark of Grand Lifestyle Publisher
share with you tips on how to enjoy and make the best of the
wondrous experiences life offers with peace of mind
"Fighting Alcoholism and Other Perils" (a real-life story);
"Their Take on the Matter" (what famous people say about
alcoholism); and "Where You Find More Information".